Translate

17 February 2020

My weight loss - is it possible?

** On a personal note this week: Coronavirus and how we should be handling it

I'm still on these "new year, new me" stuff. Until when? I don't know. But, maybe it'll help me actually accomplish some of my 2020 goals. If you read that post, you saw that there's fitness item on the list. As it is every single year. And it's been on the list for so long now that I really need to make some changes in my life. Otherwise, I'll never be fully happy.


I was writing a full body image journey on my personal blog (8 parts), so definitely read that to see what was I struggling with most of my life. C'mon, raise your hand if you struggle with body image and fitness, diets, etc. Most young people do, because of their twisted image of a perfect body. I'm guilty of it too and now I'm far too deep into it that I can't accept myself 100%. So I decided to change that and try the new thing that should help me both physically and mentally. Let's see what it's all about.

I came across this ad on the Internet, offering me a totally personalized fitness/diet plan made for my needs and wishes with the food I actually want and like to eat. And the offer seemed to be on a discount (which I see now is probably the regular price, they just want you hooked on it). So I went for it.
I'm talking about BodyFit page. I'm not sure where I saw this, on Facebook or Instagram, but where ever it was, it came in a perfect timing (don't all ads do?). When you go on the page, you're entering a quiz to determine your body and your wishes. It immediately felt very personalized. In just few minutes I was asked a lot of questions and to be able to pick the food I do and don't like was a deal-breaker because I'm a really picky eater.
I picked my goals which is only to lose weight and I also ticked that I go to fitness classes 2 times a week which I started at the beginning of the year. To be honest, those classes weren't really for weight loss purposes, but to fill my evenings, to improve my sleeping and to stretch a bit here and there. I don't go to the gym and I don't do though exercises so don't think I'm sweating a lot.

I'll also give you my starting points:
  • weight 73 kg (160 lb 15 oz)
  • height 169 cm (5' 6)
  • age 25
  • BMI slightly overweight
And my ideal points:
  • weight 55 kg
According to them, I could lose 18 kg (39 lb 11 oz) by the April of 2020. I should drink minimum of 2.2 liters of water each day which will not be a problem cause I really do drink a lot of it now as it is. Also, my metabolic age is 29. I already feel quite old so I want to reduce that number as much as possible.
I also got the full meal plan which I went through and saw that I love all the food there which, I said already, was a deal-breaker. As much as I would love to love my body 100%, I will never give up the tasty food. That's still more important and I enjoy it so much!

Before I end this I need to point out that I usually give up these kinds of stuff because I don't see the results as soon as I'd like to, but also because I never liked the program (food issues, haha). But I'm actually looking forward to this one.
OK, that's all. I'll check in sometime in April or May to conclude this story and to give you all the updates. I'll be OK with baby steps, but I need to make some steps.

Have you ever tried something like this? How do you think I'll do? Share your predictions below!

1 comment:

  1. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

    Cellulite Treatments San Jose

    ReplyDelete