Translate

28 June 2016

DIY: Bookmarks

I'm almost sure you've seen this many times, but I loved the idea of my own unique bookmarks so I did them and decided to share them with you. Also, if you're a passionate reader, this might be the right thing for you. (And yes, I'm a fan of Danielle Steel.)
You'll need (everything is optional - depends on what you'll do):
  • needle pins
  • buttons
  • paper clips
  • rhinestones
  • beads
  • jelly cord (remember this?) or shoe laces
  • thread
  • glue
  • strip of decorative paper
Process:
  • decide which style you'll do because you don't need all of these to make one bookmark
  • the button bookmarks: I placed a button onto the paper clip or I pulled the button through the paper clip and glued it together
  • the green flat bookmark: I placed a needle pin inside the strip of this green decorative tape and glued all around so the pin wouldn't move
I especially love the pink one with the black "fur" button and the green one with the paper and small bead. It looks weird like this, but it's supper cute once it's in the book (see the first picture) and when only the bead is out.

And that's about it. Are you a crafty person? Will you try this?
Which one do you like the most?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I'll do an updated version soon, I hope :)

      Delete
  2. These look so cute! I'll need to give them a go :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I kinda wanted only one and then I did it and couldn't stop trying out different things.
      Let me know how they turned out if you do :)

      Delete
  3. I always make my own bookmarks! It's fun to do and keeps me occupied for ages haha. I love your ones by the way :) x

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I started with just one and then I took everything I had at home and tried a million different styles. Some turned out great, some are total disaster but it was fun :D
      Thank you :) :)

      Delete