When I first started buying lipsticks, I never knew I would have this many of them. I first held them in my drawer, then I purchased this acrylic holder and then my friends gave me a smaller lipstick holder for 9 lipsticks. This would be enough if I didn't have lipglosses and some other lip make-up that doesn't fit the 'lipstick' category.
- cardboard of any kind (I used some thin one and I believe this was once a chocolate box)
- glue (I used my all time favorite nail glue by Essence featured in every manicure post)
- a ruler
- a pen
- paint of any kind (I used universal spray paint)
- first measure how big you want your sides to be
- cut all the pieces
- glue them together being separated by 2 cm (I did rows and not 'boxes' because this way I can store more products in a row)
- paint your cardboard
- if you don't have a stand already, just add bottom piece to make it a separate lipstick holder
Note: I had to cut my rows because they were too long (cause I didn't count that the sides were also about a millimeter wide). So you can see the tape because my fingers were all glued together and I just used tape and it was much faster and easier.
|You see that I fit 6 lipglosses in one row and if I did compartments, I would only fit 4 in a row like that's the case with lipsticks on the right.|
Do you like my little project? I'm absolutely loving this and I'm so glad I did it!
Also, lipstick collection post is coming soon! ♥