Translate

14 July 2016

Essence eyeshadows

I haven't put on make-up on my eyes in about 5 years and then, one day, I saw these eyeshadows in the Essence aisle and I chose these three I thought would go great together.
#20 rosy happiness, #07 you better mauve!, #21 keep calm and berry on
Packaging! As always, Essence has really simple transparent containers for quite large amount of powder in there. They are really easy to open, but won't open by accident in the bag. Also, what you notice immediately after opening it, they are not just pressed in there. All eyeshadows have some pattern, but the new "the velvets" collection has this amazing and cute pattern looking like a knitted blanket.
First impression! In the store, I thought they were really pigmented and good matte products. #20 and #21 have just a bit of shimmer in them, but that's almost not visible. When I tried them on at home, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with both how they applied and the pigmentation. However, I did it on my bare skin. So, next time around, I applied an eyeshadow primer (or you can do it with just a regular primer) and the result was completely different. They held on pretty great and the primer really pulled out all the pigment. They are also really blendable and buildable. I applied them with sponge applicator and the first flat brush I could find, so you really shouldn't have any trouble with better brushes.
Wear test! I went to a fancy dinner and I decided it would be a good time to put these three to a test. I had my primer on and then I packed them on. They were holding great for about 6 to 7 hours which I think is amazing for about $2.

Do you own any of their eyeshadows? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I've read a lot of good reviews about Essence. Aside from the pigmented eyeshadows, the products are truly affordable ♥

    Wannderzel by Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you scroll my blog a bit, you'll see that I absolutely love Essence. Practically, my whole make-up is theirs. So affordable and great :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I own only "Keep Calm and Berry On."
    Though I love love love the color, which does wonderful things for my green eyes, this shade doesn't pack the pigment punch I'm used to, from brands like Makeup Geek, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Inglot, or even NYX.
    I have to use a sponge-tip applicator for this one.
    I'm willing to try other shades, though.

    ReplyDelete