Translate

11 November 2019

The easiest eye-catching manicures

** On a personal note this week: Storytime: I was embarrassed to talk to my brother

I don't know why I have the urge to explain myself whenever I write about nails. How many times can I write that I have a huge love towards manicures, always in different way? I guess I still haven't found the right audience for my Nails category. Most loved post was, I think, and still is How to remove stubborn nail polish because no matter what you have painted on, you want an easy way to remove it.


Once I realized you liked that one, I upgraded it and wrote Removing nail polish with clips. But to even have something to remove, you need to paint something on first. I get it not everybody has the will or the time to paint their nails for 2 hours or more like I do, but still want eye-catching manicures. I'm here today with some easy, but very effective ways to make your manicures pop without much struggle.
Note: You can find my entire manicure routine, keeping my nail polish intact for 2 weeks and more here - My nails and manicures routine.


I'll, of course, start with the obvious one. Add a glitter top coat. There are so many glitters out there - silver, gold, multi-color, holo, flakes,... Take your pick. In my experience, glitter can go over any nail polish color and nail shape. You can even paint it on its own. Also, glitter top coats make your manicures longer lasting.


Complete opposite is the matte effect. This finish has been quite popular few years ago, came back and is here to stay. While I love glossy nails, matte effect makes any nail polish look so much more stylish and elegant.


And now, my personal favorite - accent nail. Whenever I don't have time to actually do my manicure something special, I love to paint all of my nails whatever color and then choose a nail, usually on my ring finger and/or thumb, to make something else. It's either glitter or matte or I just choose another color that will match the rest of the nails well.

And there you go. These are the 3 easiest ways to make your manicure pop a bit without struggling and putting a lot of time into it. If you decide to do your manicure after reading this, please send me a photo on Twitter or Instagram, I'd love to see your ideas.

Tell me, how much time do you spend painting your nails, if any?

6 comments:

  1. I don't paint my nails as often as I would like to but I almost always do the accent nail! It's normally my ring finger but I feel like maybe I should mix it up a bit ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well these are some simple ideas, let me know if you try any :)
      thanks for coming :*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you :)
      try some and see how you like them :D

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of adding a glitter top coat, especially for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? it's the easiest one, makes a statement and makes your manicure last longer :D

      Delete