Translate

02 December 2019

Blogmas 2019: DIY wreaths


** On a personal note 4 weeks ago: My sleeping problems
** On a personal note 3 weeks ago: Storytime: I was embarrassed to talk to my brother
** On a personal note 2 weeks ago: My body image journey - holding it in (part 2)

I love it how I always say I'm creative person, but my creativity is mostly hidden. Until Christmas arrives. December is my time to shine and, as last few years, I decided to make some easy DIYs to fit this year's theme.


I already shared some DIY wreaths last year in my post Blogmas 2018: Christmas wreaths DIY and some Christmas ornaments in my post Blogmas 2017: DIY Christmas ornaments. I know this is a self-promotion, but I would highly recommend checking these two posts if you need more ideas or want to see my progress over the years.
This year I made 3 table pieces and one for the graveyard. Again, I spent quite a lot of money on these, but I had so much fun doing them all. I probably could have gotten everything for much less dollars, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted and what exactly I would need so I got too much of everything. Anyhow, let's jump to the DIYs.
Note: Click on the photo to make it larger.


I started with the one for my grandparents. I already have a ton of decor for their house and this year I just decided to add some silver into the whole story. I found this cute round plate (or whatever that is) and I knew it would be perfect for a small arrangement like this. I glued down the big candle in the middle first and then I glued down a garland so it looks fuller. The rest was just adding some traditional decor into it. Also, I couldn't find a bow that would fit so I DIYed this as well. You can find tutorials on YouTube; they're quite easy to make.


Next one was my brother's. If you read the post from last year (linked above), you would know this is the one they had in 2018. They loved it and they still have the same color scheme this year so I just decided to recycle it a bit. I changed the foam and added some fake tree branches. The rest is pretty much the same, but I also added some white details. Tell me which one do you like better, this year's or the last year's?


My grandma wanted one for the grave, for her cousin who recently passed away so I made this small and cute one. At first I thought small candle will be just fine, but when I finished it, I realized something was not OK. Then I replaced it with a bigger glitter one and now I like it much better. This one was done in about 10 minutes and I know it kinda shows, but I think it's cute.


The last one I did was for my home. I bought this IKEA photo frame as my bottom plate and I was not wrong. Under the "glass", I placed a thin piece of felt just in case some bottom would be showing through so I wanted to have "grass" below it all. I left the protective film on it as I was sure I would cover the markings. This way nothing was actually glued to the frame and I could put it on my wall some time in the future. Along the edges, I glued down the garland so it covers the inside and then placed the foam in the middle. After that it's standard procedure. I placed some fake tree branches into the foam, glued down the candle holders and added decor. Voilá!

Which one is your favorite? Will you be making or buying one?

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you're welcome. If you do any of these, make sure to send me a photo :D

      Delete
  2. I love your tutorial. I will try this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are more just ideas than tutorials, but thanks a lot :D
      let me know if you do any of these or they serve you as an inspiration :)

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful and budget friendly! I also like that it is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ideas! I think I might actually be able to create these. Thanks for the ideas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh please send me pictures if you ever do any, I'd love to see it :D
      happy holidays to you too!

      Delete
  5. I like the last one the best. It it so much fun to decorate for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make this look and seem so easy that I may could do this! These do look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they actually are easy to make. I would just suggest planning out the idea of what you want and color scheme and then you just play around until you're happy with it :D
      thank you! send me photos if you make any :D

      Delete
  7. Those are super cute! Totally need to make these next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look! And it can be changed up for other holiday's as well. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! They look like they came from a floral shop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know those arrangements were called wreaths! I learned a lot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they probably aren't but we here call them wreaths (not English speaking country) so I just translated it like that. I mentioned somewhere 'table pieces' and 'arrangements'. I'm too confused by it haha

      Delete