Translate

10 December 2018

Blogmas 2018: Christmas wreaths DIY

Blogmas 5: Joy to the World

I've been into DIYs so much lately. I've been DIYing some jewelry, but mostly home decor. And now that December has come, I, of course, had to make some holiday DIYs. Among other that I already showed you in the post Blogmas 2017: DIY Christmas ornaments which is all bronze-themed so you can really see how only one color can make perfect sense.

** On a personal note this week: NO to grand public signs of affection


This year I took my DIY skills to a next level with these Christmas wreaths. I only wanted to make one or two for my family because I changed the color theme this year. All of our decorations are colorful, regardless of the color theme, but we always choose some color theme for the Christmas tree. This year I wanted our table and door wreath to go with the tree. I chose blue-gold theme so I went with those colors for my wreaths (drink every time I write "wreath" in this post).

Note: Click on the photo to make it larger.

As you can see on the first picture, I didn't really know where I was going with this one for the table. I wanted to follow the gold and blue theme, but I decided to use only gold and white so I could reuse it in the future, every time I wanted gold. I first wrapped the wreath with gold ribbon, figured out where I want candles and then chose reindeer and Christmas tree as only bigger accessories. I then added few Christmas balls, jingle bells and snowflakes in gold and white to complete it. Teddy bear is not a part of it, but my mom really likes it like that so he's living there now (unless the candles are burning).

This one started just like the previous one, by wrapping it with a ribbon. I then added a ribbon to hang it, which I later changed. To be honest I only knew I wanted something not symmetrical so I started placing different stuff I bought and this was the result. Again, it was too much just having it blue and gold so I added some small white details. Also, I wrapped LED Christmas lights around it so it shines. Batteries are hidden behind the tree.

People in my family saw these and asked me to make some more. So I did one for my brother's family and one for my grandparents, but for the graveyard as they have all decoration for the house. So you can imagine I was really nervous whether they'll like it or not. Keeping it real, I couldn't sell these because I would go bankrupt so fast because I spend quite a lot for each wreath and I could never charge that much. So family and friends are the only ones who will get these (for not, at least).

This is what you would call 'a traditional wreath'. I did this one for my brother's home. I went with this color theme because they have a tree in these colors and they wanted monochrome decor. Also, these two big Christmas balls are from their tree so it's all tied together. I first wrapped around the wreath with the ribbon, cut out the cardboard so I could close the bottom and placed this foam in the middle. From there on, I just placed random Christmas ornaments around the candles. Of course, I wanted them to have a bit of nature so I inserted these tree branches. When I was done I was missing that final touch so I added a bow and this cute bird.

For the last one, for the graveyard, I don't have step by step photos because I was in a hurry to make it, but it's the same as the previous one. There's a foam in the middle, on a cardboard, tree branches and Christmas ornaments. The only thing I did different is choosing these thin candles and not thick ones as I did for the table ones. Also, as it is for the grave, I love this little angel in the center.

Which one is your favorite? Do you think I did a good job or I should just buy them next year?

2 comments:

  1. Love these Christmas wreaths, they look so festive! Thanks for sharing :) xx
    Carissa | http://carissalam.com/

    ReplyDelete