Translate

17 January 2016

My dandruff problem - intro

I've been having dandruff problems since I was around 7 to 10 years old. So, if you ask me, since I've been aware of my existence. Although I do love my hair, this has been bugging me forever. Sometimes it was really hard when I realized people thought it was contagious. Newsflash! It's not. And it was so annoying when people without it thought that they would give the best advice how to get rid of it. Newsflash again! You have no idea what I'm dealing with here.
Anyways, I was using Head 'n' shoulders anti-dandruff shampoos for about 10 years. It was supposed to be one of the best anti-dandruff shampoos out there so it kinda became a habit of mine to use it. The good thing about it was that my head didn't itch and dandruff wasn't all over the place. The bad thing about it was the fact that after 10 years, I still have the same amount of dandruff on my head. It only made my scalp addicted to it, so when I washed my hair with some regular shampoo, my head started itching in about 5 hours. (But I guess that would have happened with any shampoo, so I'm not actually blaming H'n'S.) However! My brother also had dandruff and he's now dandruff free. He also used the same shampoos as I did. So, the only logical solution is that getting rid of dandruff would require me having a really short hair which I do not want to have!
I'm not saying Head 'n' shoulders shampoos are bad, I'm saying they did nothing for me. So I recently decided to try all of the anti-dandruff shampoos I can find to see if any of them works. I will be buying 2 full-sized bottles of each shampoo I find and I'll use them completely to see if it works. Since I wash my hair every 5 days, this amount of shampoo should last long enough to see if there are any changes.
Since this is going to be an on-going topic, I will label it "my dandruff problem" and the labels can be found on the left side of this blog.
If you have some advice or some product recommendations, I would be very grateful since I'm kinda getting desperate here. I know you don't comment much here, but this is really important to me, so I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment