Translate

05 October 2015

Greasy hair trick

We all have those days when we just don't want to wash our hair but we have to because it looks awful. Although I'm all for washing my hair because there's nothing better than having that clean hair feeling, there is a trick how to postpone it.
  • There are dry shampoos. They are basically shampoos without water; which leaves only dust. Each one them has directions how to use them, but here is a general description: find the places where your hair is the greasiest (probably the scalp area and bangs if you have them) and spray it all over. It doesn't have to be a thick layer of spray but it has to be all covered. Leave it for about 10 minutes (read on the back how long it takes for your shampoo to work) and then swipe it off with a dry or a moist towel. I prefer to do it with dry one because sometimes water reacts with the shampoo and I don't get any result. A nice thing to know is that they come in quite big containers and you can have them for a long time and their price is really reasonable and low.
  • If you don't have a dry shampoo, a baby powder will do it. Shake it on your greasy areas and also leave it for about 5-10 minutes. Do not overdo it with powder because you'll have white or gray hair (which is not a problem if you have light hair). Also, you can use a make-up brush to apply it in a thin and equal layer.
  • I also heard that a eye-shadow in the color of your hair will do the same but you'll need to be more patient as you will need more time to apply it than the baby powder.
If you don't have any of the above, here's a recipe to a homemade dry shampoo. We'll trust her it works.
P.S. I do not own any of these photos! As I bought my last dry shampoo quite a long time ago, I do not remember which one I used so I'll trust Google and its users. The only advice I have with choosing it is: Do not use the ones with perfume! They usually  do not work, but maybe that was just mine. As for the baby powder, I use Nivea's.
I would trust Pantene, but here is somebody's opinion.
A little tip and before-after comparison.
Nivea's baby powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment