Translate

18 November 2019

Fall favorites | 2019

** On a personal note this week: My body image journey - holding it in (part 2)

If you read any of my posts regarding this topic, you would know that I'm not a fan of fall. There are two reasons for it - rain and shorter days. However, I feel like blogging community has had its impact on me so I'm starting to see the good in it. Now I don't hate it, I only dislike it.


Anyway, there are some things I do really like in fall so I decided to share them with you. We'll see how this goes, but there should be some other stuff than just beauty...


You know all of this started cause I love nails too much. I don't follow season trends by the book, but I do love darker nail polishes. Even though I wear them all year round, I love dark brown or burgundy colors on my nails this time of the year. Anyone had DJ Pauly D in their head now? I wasn't a huge fan of fall manicures with leaves or anything Halloween related cause I don't celebrate it, but that changed when I made an order for some nail stuff I've been seeing around...

Again, not following seasons, but I do like dark lipsticks as well and I can finally wear them without looking weird. I love the dark eye make-up too, but lipsticks are easier to apply and they take way less time to do so I always go for the lips first.

Source: https://www.thugkitchen.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-mix
Everyone else usually goes for 'pumpkin spiced' anything during the fall, but I personally don't like it. To be honest I never had a pumpkin spiced coffee (I also don't drink coffee at all) or a candle. Instead, I live on chocolate scents. I buy chocolate scented candles and I love them! Whenever I smell them, I feel like I'm in some fairytale, or like I'm Heidi living on a mountain enjoying life. I also love to drink hot chocolate  or hot cocoa everywhere I go.

Even though I just love green fields and trees, there's something so magical in colorful leaves during fall. If you ignore the fact that the nature is awesome for Instagram themes, nature during fall is just beautiful. I could sit somewhere in the field or on a top of the mountain and just look at all the colors. I also love the leaves rustling.

Source: http://www.puzzlemobi.com/puzzle.php?image=fall/images/puzzle/fall-sunrise.jpg#.Xcg3MdVKjIU
Along with the nature theme, the days get shorter and we're basically waking up during the night. That's why we're actually able to see the sunrise and sunset. I go to work each day and I'm able to see the beautiful sunrise over the river each morning. I enjoy moments like that.

Of course, there's always that awesome thing where you can cuddle up in your bed and watch your favorite shows. For those that go to school or college, fall is not that busy. Sure, you start it again, but there are usually not any exams that soon so enjoy while it lasts.

Name 3 things you love about fall!

2 comments:

  1. I share your love of dark lipstick and I wear it all year long, weird or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, if you love it, wear it! There are no rules there :D

      Delete