Translate

30 April 2018

Makeup Revolution chocolate rose gold eyeshadow palette

It's been a month since I posted my make-up review (and I also review a Makeup Revolution product Retro Luxe Gloss lip kit). But you know those days when you just don't want to wear make-up so you have no idea what's going on in beauty world? Well, that's 90% of the time for me. And then one day I feel like going full glam for no reason. And then I look for my most beautiful make-up products and I feel like a queen.
It's safe to say I've transitioned from a simple black smokey eyes from 10 years ago to fun make-up, experimenting with it and, lately mostly using reds and a lot of warm tones on my eyes.This is something I never thought I would do. But here I am. And here's my newest palette.

Makeup Revolution (or Makeup London or I heart makeup, as those are supposed to be the same thing) has some really nice quality products, a lot of dupes for some high end products and, thank God, really affordable prices. I have to be honest and say this was totally impulsive shopping as I just saw it and bought it without knowing basically anything about it. I didn't bother with reading reviews. I probably shouldn't skip that part in the future.
This palette was bought online for about $18. You get 22 grams in 16 shades. First 8 are shimmer and the other 8 are matte. You'll see it on the photos and in swatches. Packaging is gorgeous, shaped like a rose gold chocolate which is basically a perfect combination. You can buy it here on the Makeup Revolution site. I've also heard it's a dupe for Huda Beauty Rose gold palette.
I'll start with the texture, application and duration. These shadows are really creamy and pigmented. They also have some chocolaty smell when they're in the pan. They are easily applied and there's minimal to none fallout which is great if you like to apply your foundation first, like I do. They are easily blendable if you have a primer under them. However, you'll definitely lose pigment of matte shadows if you try to blend them. Have no fear cause they're also easily buildable. I always use a primer cause I want to cover discoloration on my lids, so I don't know how they perform without one, but I had them on for about 8 hours and they didn't move one bit. Whenever I applied them, they stayed on perfectly until I took them off.
For my taste I miss some shades, some lighter transition shades, but I can definitely do a whole eye look with just this palette. Also, you can combine colors so it would be both for day time and night time. I also have to say that I used some shimmery shadows on top of my lipsticks to connect the eye look and lips. They performed beautifully on the lips too.
upper: with flash / lower: without flash
Taken without any primer.
upper: with flash / lower: without flash
Taken without any primer.
I won't explain shades cause you can see them. However I'd like to point out 'Barbie' is actually a duo chrome shade and 'Shy' is the only one with cold undertone. 'Luxe' is the only shimmer shade with flakes. Also, obviously, 'Hold up' and 'Independent' are double the size of the other shades which is great cause you can use them as transition shade and a highlight.

** On a personal note this week: High school vs. uni/college

I'm already planning on getting the Chocolate orange palette. Which one is your favorite? Do you have any chocolate palettes?

No comments:

Post a Comment