Translate

14 October 2019

Let’s Vogue - 73 Questions About Me

** On a personal note this week: These things were cool when I went to school

To be honest, I'm still not sure how much of these personal or random posts I want to put in here... After all, that's why I have a personal blog I share weekly along these posts (yes, that's the link in the beginning of each post here). Anyhow, I saw these posts all around (and I know I'm few months late with these) so I decided to tag along and nominate myself to do this.

Source: https://video.vogue.com/series/73-questions

You all must know how much I love polls and all these question-answer posts so I couldn't pass on this opportunity. I don't know who started this, how it works or anything basically, but I saw it on the blog of Ronald Sampson (blog On the Ron). I also have to add how supportive he is and active on Twitter so check him out.

Before I start, if you still haven't go vote in my poll (it'll take you 2 minutes max): Gary Barlow wants me "back for good". It's only about my blog which would help me write better and get some more ideas for future posts. Thanks in advance.

1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
We don't have Starbucks in my country. They opened one store and failed miserably so they closed it shortly after, but I did try it once on a trip to Prague I think. To be honest, it was nothing special and overpriced. Also, to answer the question, I don't have my usual order.

2. What does your work station look like right now?
I work in a room full of only computers. We have special programs there, very expensive and the room is not my own, there's like 20 of us, so it's not decorated or anything. We have one table to hang out and that's it.

3. All-time favorite food?
I don't know if I can choose. Since you have probably never heard of my favorite national dish, I'll say pasta. Pasta bolognese.
Source: https://www.errenskitchen.com/quick-easy-spaghetti-bolognese/ (there's a recipe too!)

4. Favorite author?

I don't read much. But if I do, that's probably love novels so I love Danielle Steel. My favorite one is probably "Wings".

5. What do you think of open relationships?
They're definitely not for me, but I also don't think they're real relationships. If you want to sleep around and confide in multiple people, why be in a 'relationship' at all? You can be single, have friends and that's basically it.

6. What is your favorite video game?
I grew up with Counter Strike, GTA franchise, Red Alert, Age of Empires, The Rage and Tekken. How many of these have you played or heard of? I would have to say all of these hold a special place in my heart and I still play most of these, but my all time favorite is The Sims. C'mon, that's a perfect game for me.

7. Guilty pleasure treat?
I don't know if I have guilty pleasures. If I'm loving it, I don't feel guilty, you know? But I know what goes under that category. So, chocolate in the middle of the night, trashy old music, cringy romance movies.

8. Favorite movie?
Something from Nicholas Sparks. As I mentioned, I love romance movies so I would choose "A Walk to Remember". But there are so many others, romance and action movies I totally love and have rewatched too many times.

9. Favorite book?
Can I just copy answer number 4? Probably "Wings" by Danielle Steel or "Rebel Queen" by Michelle Moran.

10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter for random thoughts and blogging, Instagram for increasing my self-esteem. I've talked about it a bit before, but each post on Instagram is a won battle against myself... Read I'm more than my social media. or First, let me take a selfie... if you want to know more.

11. Desktop or laptop?
I have a laptop so I'll go with that. Also, I almost never move my laptop from my desk so it's basically a desktop. But if I want to, I can take it with me and have all my things right beside me. I'm currently buying a new one too so I'm quite excited about that.

12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
"Marry old rich guy. He'll die soon and you'll get the money." My grandma is the best. Haha. But seriously, I don't think I ever got an advice worth remembering... Sad, I know. Or maybe I just forgot cause my memory is getting worse by the day.

13. What project are you working on right now?
Re-launching my blog, writing a "book", working on my DIY skills and learning how to sew, driving licence is in plans... We'll see how much I can get done by the end of the year.

14. Favorite color?
Black. Black is not a color. I don't know. I love red and green the most. Also teal. It depends on what for am I picking them...

15. Did you get good grades at school?
Yes. I was usually somewhere on the top of my class. Not the best, but in the top 5 for sure. Also got a dean's recognition last year.

16. Dream job?
Air traffic controller. With lots of free time which is impossible to have. Haha.

17. Played any sports?
Never. I mean, I played football and basketball usually with my brother and his friends, but I was never talented to play any. I was usually the goalkeeper and I would always be Iker Casillas. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance, but I preferred watching any rather than playing any.
Source: https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/articulo/deportes/Iker-Casillas-beneficios-empresa-patrimonial/20141110203004075078.html

18. Do you have a degree?
Yes. Masters. I'm quite proud of it.

19. Nationality?
Croatian.

20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to do?
This is why I have two blogs. I love it all so I separate my posts by random rants and personal stuff and also beauty stuff. I love writing stories from my past and also make-up product reviews. And, as you can see, I love these kind of posts.

21. What do you like to collect?
Pictures. They go hand in hand with making memories so that. I also love collecting concert tickets as I absolutely live for those and have gone to so many already.

22. Describe yourself in three words?
This is the hardest one. Patient, kind, naive.

23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
What is this question? I have no idea, you give me one.

24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
I don't really use DMs, I'm more for Messenger and WhatsApp so I just reacted to a story my friend posted about a song she couldn't remember the name of.

25. What is on the top of your wish list right now?
To get a job. To renew my driver's licence. To travel.

26. Sorting house?
I don't understand the question. If this has anything to do with my place of living, I'm still with my parents in a medium-sized flat. I do wish to have a bigger house one day.

27. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I have had plans for several years now, but I can't decide on the places where do I want them. Also, I started with just one idea and now I have 7, I think. I guess it's true what they say, that it's an addiction. The problem is I don't have any and I'm already addicted. I just wanna add that nobody will ever look cool enough to me with tattoos as David Beckham.
Source: http://wallpaperheart.com/david-beckham-wallpapers-hd/

28. What are you most grateful for this year?

Getting my first official job and loving it. I did just filed papers for a transfer in the same company, but I wouldn't mind at all (!) if they just left me here. I love it, but the other job has been a dream for few years. We'll see how that'll go.

29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
This month? Nothing really, but I had a great day out with my friend, visiting a castle. I also went to few concerts which I loved and I got to surprise my friend with a great birthday present!

30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I was just happy. I think that's enough.

31. What is the best thing ever?
Dogs. Love. Laughter.

32. Favorite season?
Spring, spring and more spring. I love the temperature where I can wear my favorite outfits, T-shirts and jeans, I love the nature colors, you know the summer vacation is near, there's Easter in it... I'm just obsessed with spring.

33. Favorite holiday?
I don't know if I'm getting this right. I would say Christmas if you're referring to such holidays. If you're referring to trips, I still don't have one I would like to re-do so badly.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Village-with-Lights-Music/dp/B07HWS6GTR

34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?

I don't know. I never really analyze characters like that. But I can tell you I really like The Arrow and Batman. And Thor. And Iron Man. And I don't know why I only chose superheroes. I clearly don't know what I'm talking about so I'll move on.

35. Do you like surprises?
Preparing and giving them to others as much as receiving them. The expressions are the best thing.

36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
I think it was my brother getting me a at-home nail salon kit when I was so into nails and manicures. He believed in me from the start and quite young age. And look at me now, being a licensed nail technician.

37. What’s the surprise that made you cry?
The one described above. It was a Christmas present and I cried like a baby. Then my grandpa cried, then my grandma and mom and I saw my brother tear up even though he'll never admit it.

38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Here I'll blow my own horn and say I'm pretty good at listening to someone's wishes so I always go an extra mile while getting them presents. It's usually something they mention once and I remember it and get for them. Their reactions show me I do know how to pick a present. Other than that, I got few tickets for my father to go watch boxing match, honeymoon for my brother (I only payed for half, OK)...

39. Do you like muffins?
What kind of questions is this? Of course I do! Chocolate please! My brother and I actually have a deal that whenever one of us is passing by our bakery, has to buy muffins and we have to eat them together.

40. Do you cook often?
No. I usually eat at work and if we're home, my mom does most of the cooking. If I'm alone, of course I'll cook something. I'm not the best chef, but it's simple and tasty.

41. What’s your favorite dessert?
I like chocolate anything. Also, pancakes.

42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don't really like cherries, so anything with those and pineapple. I also don't really like nuts in cakes, but I'll eat those too if there isn't anything else at the table.

43. Cake or pie?
Depends on the mood. Haha. I'll choose cake.

44. What’s your least favorite food?
I'm actually quite a picky eater, so there's a lot on this list. I'll start with all the shells and sea stuff, except for a real fish, broccoli, kale... There's too many of these to go on.

45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Mayo probably. Ketchup maybe.

46. It’s 4 a.m. on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I know I would want some kind of cookies. They're always my go-to snack food, but I would just see what I got. It would for sure have to be some finger/fast food.

47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Let's talk.

48. Best animated film?
I loved Zootopia, Coco, Lego and all the Disney classics, of course.
Source: https://abc13.com/entertainment/how-they-achieved-that-phenomenal-lighting-in-coco/2658725/

49. What has a guy (or girl) done or said to impress you?

I'll let you know as soon as someone says anything.

50. Best thing to do on a date?
As Ron, the guy I copied this from, I've never been on one. I guess going to the movies is always a safe zone. I would like to go to an amusement park.

51. Worst thing to do on a date?
I don't know. Inviting the other person in a group or to an event where they totally don't feel comfortable. No matter how good the two of you may get along, one will constantly be more nervous. I, personally, wouldn't like to go to the beach or anywhere with a pool cause I'm really shy and insecure about my body.

52. What is the funniest pick up line a guy/girl could use on a girl/guy?
I once had "I have a big di*k, wanna see it?" which shouldn't be funny, but creepy. However, I was with my best friends and we laughed so hard at that. Just FYI, I didn't see it and I'm quite happy with that.

53. Best comic book character?
I've never read any. My dad is the only one who read those and he loved Alan Ford.

54. What are three things that are always in your purse?
Keys, wallet and tissues. Phone is usually in my pocket.

55. Favorite drink?
I would have to go with water and, again, the drink that's only known in my country so I'll skip the explanation. I also love cocoa.

56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
I don't know if I could play them, but would love to meet Lady Diana, Adolf Hitler, Elvis Presley (does he qualify as historical?), some of our national kings and writers, Grace Kelly and probably Alexander the Great.

57. Kittens or puppies?
Without a doubt, puppies.
Source: https://www.mybodyguarddogs.com/dogs/german-shepherd-puppies-for-sale/

58. Favorite sushi roll?

I've had sushi only once in my life and I hated it. I was kinda OK with the vegetable one, not especially fond of it either, but the raw fish is definitely not for me.

59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
All kinds, check out my blog and posts My lipstick collectionMy Essence lipstick collection and 5 must-have lipsticks for fall season! to see what I have. Not even sorry to plug myself like this. I usually go for matte lipsticks and shades depend on the occasion. I love dark lipsticks, but for work or everyday wear I always choose some lighter, more natural shades.

60. What kind of foundation do you use?
I don't really wear foundation, only few times a year, for special occasions. But if I choose one, it's liquid with matte finish. I'm currently having Maybelline Fit me matte + poreless.

61. Blow dry or air dry?
I try to air dry because blow drying is making my hair so frizzy. Also, my natural curls don't really look the best if I blow dry it. However, if I'm in a rush, I'll, of course, blow dry it. And probably run through it with a hair straightener or curler, just to tame it a bit.

62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don't really have one, but I like how Blake Lively is dressing. Also, Kimberly from The Chic Confidential (blog - Twitter - Instagram).

63. Favorite Disney character?
I've always loved Cinderella and Prince Charming, but I love Simba, Chip and Dale, Dumbo and Hercules.

64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Tomorrow is Saturday (even though you're reading this on Monday) so I'll just chill, go for a bike ride for an hour or two, have home-made lunch, watch some TV. It's going to be a good weekend!

65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I don't know. I'm not much for comedies, but I always love "Police Academy" and I recently watched "I Love You, Man" which was funny!

66. Movie that made you cry?
"A Walk to Remember." Every single time. I cry quite often at any romance movie, but this one really gets to me.
Source: https://www.sydney-yaeko.com/entertainment/a-walk-to-remember

67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?

I have a terrible voice and I won't even try to pick someone I would sound OK with. I would like to sing with Shakira or Rihanna, I find them very cool. I would also love Elvis or Whitney if they were alive.

68. If your life were a song what would the title be?
Nervous journey.

69. Favorite animal?
Dogs!! I prefer bigger breeds such as German Shephers, Huskies, Samoyeds, but I love them all in general. I like mammals and most birds. I can't stand reptiles.

70. Favorite illustrator?
I don't know any, but feel free to recommend some to check out.

71. Person you want to have coffee with?
My best friend who lives in a different city now and I haven't seen him in 8 months now. We talk almost daily, but I still want to see him.

72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
If you ask 'country', then I have to say the USA, France, Romania, Egypt, China... But I only want to visit New York, Champs Elysees in Paris, Dracula's castle in Romania, the pyramids, The Great Wall... You know, I have specific list on my mind...
Source: https://www.getyourguide.com/bucharest-l111/excursion-to-dracula-s-castle-with-lunch-included-t24039/

73. Best ways to decompress?

I like to paint my nails, listen to music, watch random YouTube videos, my favorite TV shows, going for a bike ride, meeting with friends, having a cocoa session with my brother... There are lots of ways that help me be calm and happy. Maybe that's why I'm really rarely sad.

Oh my God. I've actually done all 73 questions. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you do want to do this (or you're just lacking ideas for your blogs), post a link in the comments or tag me on Twitter to check it out.

Tell me how much alike are we? Or are we total opposites?

4 comments:

  1. No way, we're so alike. Loved reading all your answers. And really; you haven't been on a date? Woah! (super surprised) And I'm also into romantic movies. (: There are more similar things; I guess we should talk more. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's always nice to hear :)
      You're surprised? Is it sad that I'm not? haha
      we sure should!

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun to read! I did one a while back and I always get excited to read other bloggers post on this topic. Cool to learn more about the person behind the blog. I too like chocolate and pancakes, I could eat them everyday🍫🥞🤤

    Natonya |
    https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! and they're so easy to write, so relaxing :D
      we should meet up for pancakes then! haha

      Delete