Translate

28 June 2018

Sugar spun nails

How long has it been since I posted a manicure? Seems like ages since my last 'Nails' post was about terrible experience with a peel-off base (post Barry M peel-off nail polish base). I also don't exactly know how late am I with this manicure cause I've seen it few months back. I decided to try it out anyway and see is it really as easy as they show it.
This trend is called sugar spun for whatever reason and I was really excited about it. It seemed quick and easy. It also didn't require any experience with manicures, drawings or any other form of creativity. You just need to pick out two or more colors you like together and that's it.


For this manicure I used:

Procedure:
  • decide which nails (or all) are going to be sugar spun and tape around them
  • paint all your nails with base coat
  • pain the colors on your nails (I usually leave these 2 fingers different than the rest)
  • wait for the polish to be completely dry
  • put some nail polish on some tinfoil and wait a minute or two for it to be half-dry and slimy
  • pick it with a toothpick and drag across your nail in whatever design
  • after everything is dry you can apply top coat or not (so you'll have a 3D effect)
Sounds simple, right? If I haven't explained it well, here's a video I watched before doing it - Sugar Spun Nail Art Tutorial by Roslion90. Unfortunately, there's no exact time during which the polish should dry so you'll have to check it quite often. Also, as much as you don't need any practice or steady hand or drawing skills as I mentioned, this manicure is very time consuming. I did only 4 nails and it took me more than half an hour for these few stripes. I also used way more nail polish than I would normally cause you need blobs of it for every single nail.
All in all, I really like the way this looks (on me and all other photos I've seen), but I don't think I'll ever do this again. I have a feeling it will not be popular anymore (not sure that it still is) and for that time I'm sure I can do some other manicures.

** On a personal note this week: Where I am vs. where I thought I would be by now

Did you try to do sugar spun manicure? Would you like to try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment