Translate

07 March 2019

Daily routine while working 14 hours a day

** On a personal note this week: 3 things people hate and we need in life

If you wondered where I was, I announced on Twitter that I would take a short break from this blog (so you should follow me on Twitter to be updated), but I also explained everything in the post Why have I gone missing on the Internet? so check that before reading any further.
Now that you're up to date, I can continue. My daily routine is now both crazy and very boring. I'm actually working 13 or 14 hours a day, since 7:30 a.m. till 9 p.m. almost every day. On good days I only work for 10 hours. Since I don't have any time during the day, I usually have to make mornings my time. And here's how I do it...

I already wrote few posts on this or similar topics and I'll link them in the end, but I've never had this experience and this kind of schedule so this is new for me. I believe that social media puts out this unrealistic picture of perfect morning and night routines and usually people have all the time in the world to do whatever they need or want. In the real world, in my world, this is obviously not the case...

Morning:
  • getting up extra early
I'm still fortunate enough that I can function normally with only 5, or sometimes even less, hours of sleep. However, I'm not that crazy so I usually sleep for 6. If I have to leave at 6:30, I'll get up at 5:30 or 5:45. I don't have make-up routine, I don't eat breakfast or drink coffee. I like to get up, turn on the radio and just enjoy my time. I take time to put together an outfit if I don't have anything planned and I just chill listening to music which usually wakes me up and I'm immediately happier. I also scroll through Instagram and Twitter as this is the only time now that I do that. Not getting up and being stressed is the key for a good day.
  • basic hygiene
Brushing teeth, washing my face, toilet and brushing my hair. Done. Now that I have extra time, I'll put on some moisturizer and maybe a lipstick. I shower in the evening and I've never had the habit of doing it in the morning so my bathroom routine is pretty quick. Having clean hair helps, but ponytail is always an option.
  • traveling
This may not be applicatory for you, but I go to work by bus and that's the way I come back too. It takes me an hour in each direction so I have to use up that time too. I usually listen to the radio cause I'm addicted to music, but I also hear some news in the morning which can be good for starting conversation at work. Lately I've been listening to some new podcasts which I absolutely love so I don't even feel like it's been an hour.

Evening:
  • dinner
I'll usually eat at work so I'm really not that hungry in the evening so I can get away with eating something quick like yogurt, fruit, leftovers from lunch if my mom made any, cookies, smoothies... Whatever. If there's absolutely nothing at home, I'll stop somewhere and get pizza, or something else from the local bakery.
  • hygiene
I keep it simple as in the morning. It's usually shower, face scrub or wash and teeth. Any additional steps have to wait until the weekend. I have all products I know work well for me so I don't have any problems and most importantly, my face is prepared for the new day so I can do my real no-makeup-makeup-look I do.
  • entertainment
I don't even turn on my laptop at evenings unless I have some work to do and I usually just watch whatever is on TV. Read my post linked above to know how I feel about my new job, but at evenings my mind is definitely on work and I just want to do anything for fun. I'll usually entertain myself with whatever for hour and a half and then I'll go to sleep around midnight or 1 a.m.

Now you can see why I said it's pretty boring because I've been in this schedule for the past 3 weeks and it'll stay like this for a month more. However, I'll do a follow-up post about my weekends and also my routine when I get a normal shift time and we'll see the progress.

Related posts:
A real no-makeup makeup routine | My daily "make-up"
How to get ready in 5 minutes or less
5 ways to survive morning
Essentials: Skincare

What is your schedule like? For how long do you work in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment