Translate

04 March 2019

Makeup Revolution Reloaded palette

** On a personal note this week: 3 things people hate and we need in life

After saying I don't need more make-up, and certainly new eyeshadow palettes, here I am with a new review of one. To be fair, I bought this way before I decided to stop myself and before I "quit" buying make-up. Since I don't consider myself a beauty guru, I think I have a bit too much make-up on hand, but if you're interested in seeing it, I would like to try and film my collection. Tell me what you think about it. 


What can I say? I'm a sucker for make-up, colors and especially warm tones. I can wear both cold and warm, but I usually go towards warm... I don't know if I necessarily look good with both, but I like wearing them and I feel good both ways so that's what's important.

Also if you wondered where I've been, there's an answer in this post Why have I gone missing on the Internet?.

As much as I was confused with their name in my MUR Flawless palette review, I'm still not sure what this company is called, but it says "Revolution Makeup Revolution London" on it so I'll go with that. You're all probably familiar with this brand and probably also know they put out dupes for high end products under affordable prices and that's why I usually buy them. I got this mix of oranges, browns and corals names Reloaded Newtrals 2.

Packaging is standard for all Revolution products and it's black plastic, but nicely made, sturdy and with a secure closing. What I especially love about this is the transparent lid so I can immediately see what I have in (unlike with MUR Flawless palette). You get 15 eyeshadows of 0.04 oz or 1.1 grams. Pans are quite big which is also a plus and you won't have to struggle with keeping one shadow out of the other.

In my opinion, there are 10 matte shades, two slight shimmers and 3 stronger shimmers. I personally can make a whole make-up look with just this palette because there are lighter shades, darker ones too and 2 or 3 shades that can be used for highlight. However, I don't think that this would be the case if I was really really pale. But I could be totally wrong, of course.


Depending on the looks you're going for, this is not really a fully versatile palette. When I look at it, there are all the same colors, somehow with the same vibe. I complained about Flawless palette that it has too much light shadows and no colors so I can say the same here. I do see the difference in shades and tones, but for an ordinary person, and not a real make-up artist, this is all the same. However, I purposely chose this one because all the warm tones. There's just one shade I don't see with this palette and that's this purple shimmer (2nd row, 4th pan)

Verdict? You have to know which colors you like, because in this palette you'll get all really similar ones so you can't really complain about lack of colors. However, I love these shades and I really wanted it like this. Eyeshadows are really pigmented and easily blended. Unlike the Flawless one, this one doesn't have shadows that need to be built up, although I know it's definitely possible to get even more pigment by layering. I would recommend it for the quality, but be careful which colors you're after.

Related posts:
Makeup Revolution Acid brights palette (most colorful palette I own + make-up look)
Essentials: Make-up (essentials + my favorite products in each category)
Essence eyeshadow palettes (all 6) (review + bunch of swatches)

If you have any, which is your favorite Revolution product?

No comments:

Post a Comment