Translate

11 February 2019

Oriflame lipsticks

** On a personal note this week: Movie review: Molly Maxwell

As I mentioned in several of my posts, I'm in love with lipsticks. I think they are perfect quick addition to every outfit. I think I also mentioned I have way too many lipsticks for a normal girl. I showed you all of them in my post My lipstick collection.


Since then, I added few lipsticks in my collection and I can't see an end to this. Send help. Anyway, since the previously mentioned post, I did some other related to lip products, which I'll link below this post, but now I'll show you one unusual collection.

I'll get this out of the way and say that at the time these were bought, I still used my Oriflame membership discount (20% if I'm not mistaken). However, I bought them with my own money, this is not sponsored and opinions are my own. Great, let's start.
First line is their The ONE Power Shine lipstick. Basically, this is a mix between lipstick and lipgloss in my opinion. It has very shiny and glittery finish, but it definitely stays on the lips longer than the usual lipgloss. Pigmentation wise, it's also somewhere in between. You can definitely see the pigment, but it's not nowhere near good enough for it to be called a 'lipstick'.
I also had one of these lipsticks from the time my mom was buying it which is about 10 years ago. Little did I know... I still used the lipstick, but since I finally discovered who's it is, I decided to order the same shade and compare. Let's just say I would like to go 10 years back and get a proper lipstick. It's obvious the formula has changed quite a bit. Or at least it seems like it when you wear it on your lips. New shades have much less pigment and more glitter which starts to feel uncomfortable after some time.
The second line is their The ONE 5 u 1 Colour Stylist lipstick. These are conventional looking lipsticks with shiny finish. I wouldn't say completely shiny, but not matte. If that makes sense. I only got two shades and one is that non-matte and one is glittery dark red. I have to say that glittery shade has less pigment than I expected and it's completely different if you wear a lip liner under it or not. For a full effect I would definitely suggest wearing a lip liner all over your lips and just topping it off with this lipstick. This is a nice shade, but the fact that I don't want to wear it alone makes me question my choice to buy it in the first place. Orange non-matte shade is really nice and comfortable on the lips and I love wearing it during summer.

Related posts:
My Essence lipstick collection (+ lip and hand swatches)
Life on the dance floor lipstick review (+ swatches and comparison to other nude lipstick)
Essentials: Make-up (+ my favorites)
5 must-have lipsticks for fall season! (+ all swatches)

Have you ever ordered something through Oriflame? Have you even heard of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment